Sunday, May 28, 2023

Bike & Train Ride.



Coach Jen, her son and I went to Hoosier Valley Railroad yesterday to ride our bikes and the train - good day for both. It's been a while since I rode the bike trail. They've added two more miles since the last time I was there. It's now eleven miles long, so it's a 22 mile ride out and back. When we finished the bike ride we did a train ride - diesel power, rather than the cute little steamer in the photo. 


When I got home, the guy was there replacing the power pole. I've been waiting for him to show up for at least a year now. At least he got here before the old pole broke off. He didn't get the wires swapped out yet but he's hoping to finish it up this weekend.

I've got nothing on the schedule today other than the Indy 500. I'm hoping to listen to it on the radio out in the shop. Reception isn't the best on my regular radio, but my little transistor should bring it in as long as I can find a station that's carrying the race. 

The boxing coaches' group is taking the show on the road Monday for a hiking trip. That should be a fun one. There's another bike ride Friday evening I'm planning on riding and then I'll start my race walking training. Got a couple of 5K events on the calendar one of which is a ruck march. Need to be able to tote 22 pounds on my back for that one.

Memorial Day tomorrow - don't forget to take a few moments to remember those who gave their all for our freedom.



 

No comments: