Thursday, May 11, 2023

Garden Work


I took the trailer I rebuilt out on its maiden voyage yesterday - didn't go far and not much weight, but it pulled down the road nicely. I made a ramp a couple of weeks ago to mate with the one I use for the bike carrier - need two to make it easier when loading things like the tiller. I have another one for loading a bike in the back of the pickup, but it's about 18" longer and I didn't want to shorten it up. I still need to get the pair of cheapie bike chocks fit-up so I can haul a couple of small bikes at the same time, but other than that, it should be able to haul most anything Surly or I need to move. 


The tiller made short work of the old part of the garden but the new strip where I widened it out was a bit like work. If you look closely you can see a few stalks of asparagus that popped up. I thought I was just going to have the one, but it's more like six now. The rhubarb's looking good - time to make a couple of loaves of rhubarb bread. I planted some strawberries later in the day. I'll plant a couple of other plants and seeds today - get them in before it rains - and do a little more yard work. I also need to do a little engineering work to be able to put the air conditioner in the window. I don't want to half-ass it and screw up the new window.

The boxer who beat the guy I took to Detroit at the Indiana Golden Gloves has won his first two fights at the Nationals. I bought the livestream event to watch him on the first night but they had some type of technical difficulty and I didn't get to see any of the bouts. Coach Jen bought the livestream for the whole week and called me last evening with an update. She said one of the Indiana fighters who used to box out of our gym lost to a bad decision. Hate to see that. When I took Bazooka Joe to Louisiana there were some terrible decisions there. You really hate to see that at an event as important as a national championship. This year's event is also an Olympic qualifier. Lot riding on the outcome of the tourney.
 

No comments: