Saturday, December 9, 2023

Sporty

 


I got the Sportster put back together. There's still a couple of things left to do, but they'll have to wait until spring. 

Surly hooked me up with the gasket I needed that goes between the carb and air cleaner base. I went to install the filter and I couldn't find any air cleaner oil. I've got motor oil, chain oil, fork oil, gear oil, penetrating oil, two stroke oil but couldn't find the air filter oil. I'm going to look once more but if I can't find it, Surly says he has some. Actually, getting his would be easier than looking for my bottle that may or not be around. I don't remember using it up, but there are a lot of things I don't remember anymore.

There are a couple of quick change rearends on Market Place. One of them is fairly close by, the price is right, and I need to see some progress on the jitney. I'm waiting to hear back from the seller about a couple of details, but hopefully the width and bolt pattern are what I'm looking for.

After I put the Sporty to bed, I'm going to do some cleaning and then get the vintage trials bike back out. It doesn't need much to finish it and since my buddy got the motor rebuilt, might as well get it together and have a little fun with it. 

Lots of other things in the works, as usual, but I'm feeling good physically and improving my mental health - got a few more refinements to make on the preps but about ready to just hunker down and let the world go by. I'm blessed with a wonderful family and friends, got a few coins in the purse and enough things to keep me busy for at least the next ten years. Life's pretty good here at the shack - hope you all can say the same. 

3 comments:

Surly said...

I'm pretty sure I used up all the filter oil. Also, I put in a call to a stock car guy to see if he has any rear ends.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I'll look one more time, if I don't find it I'll buy some - won't need it until spring.

Surly said...

I meant I used up all of yours. I know I have some at my house.