Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Henrys

 


Public television had a fundraising show on the other night that featured Michael Londra traveling around Ireland. One of the gifts for you contributing was a CD of Irish music. As they were scrolling down the list of songs on the CD, I noticed a cut from The Henry Girls. My maternal grandmother was a Henry and her people came from Ireland. In fact, when I was there I saw where there was a Henry street in downtown Dublin. My curiosity got the best of me, so I looked up the song and some info on The Henry Girls.

The Henry girls are sisters but their last name is not Henry. The group is named after their grandfather Henry. I don't know if that's his family name or his given name, but I'm inclined to think it's his given name - so no relation. Regardless, the girls put out some pretty good music. Even though I got my family history book printed up, there's been some changes and more information is available on Ancestry - might have to get another six months subscription to get all of the "hints".

Not much else going on. The Missus is still sick, the weather has been less than ideal and I'm still battling a serious case of lead in my ass. I've been doing quite a bit of reading and spending less time on the computer - all that bad news has been "harshing my mellow". I'm working a plan for 2024, however. Better days are coming - just don't know when.

No comments: