Saturday, December 2, 2023

Brake Pads

 


It's December and Santa's not too far off now. I can use a little musical inspiration to get me in the Christmas spirit.


This one is rather timely what with the Missus coughing and hacking around the clock these days. Between her and the dog I'm up and down all day long. I don't mind taking care of the old girl - all part of the service - but the dog could ease up a bit. Thursday night he wakes me up about 12:30 because he wants some more food. I go back to bed and at 1:00 he's barking because he has to poop. Last evening he wants to go out but it's raining. So about every ten minutes he wants to go out but wants back in after a couple of minutes since he doesn't like the rain. He managed to do that 5 or 6 times before he gave it up.


I did make it out to the health club and the shop yesterday. I rigged up a tarp so I could run the heater so I could take the chill off the shop. After I got the taken care off, I installed the new brake pads in the front caliper on the Sportster. The pads are riveted in place, but I didn't have any trouble installing them. I started on repacking the wheel bearings as well. 

A buddy of mine called me the other night and told me about a quick-change rear he found for sale. It's about what I've been looking for but the axle studs are on a 5" bolt circle and my wheels are on a 4-3/4" bolt circle. I don't know how tough it would be to redrill them accurately, but I'm thinking seriously about calling the guy and arranging a look-see. 

1 comment:

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

oh great...now I'll have can we make it till december song stuck in my freakin' head AAAAAALLLLLLL DDAAAAAAYYYY LLLOOOOOOOOONG.