Thursday, December 14, 2023

Himalayan & Tunes

 


Big fan of Redbone - no idea how old he was when he passed away a few years ago. He was always kind of a mystery but it seemed to work for him. I especially like this cut. This song got a lot of bad press a couple of years back and stations weren't playing it due to the theme of a man holding a woman against her will. My way of thinking the people complaining are the same sorts that took down the Kate Smith, Cristopher Columbus and Robert E. Lee statues - friggin' crybabies.


Since I've been on a motorcycle kick of late, I checked out a few sites I occasionally visit and ran across this at Pipeburn. The new 2024 Royal Enfield Himalayan. I'm pretty happy with mine but it's definitely underpowered. The new model's going to take care of that. Mine has a displacement of 411cc and makes 18 horsepower. The new one has a displacement of 450cc and makes more than twice the power of mine. Enfield also has an electric version of the Himalayan that will be coming out next year. The article didn't mention the price of either of the models but I'd like to see what it would cost to trade up for one of the new gas powered ones.


The grandson and I went to the college Tuesday evening. I wanted to catch the weather before I left but the news was interrupted by Slow Joe and Zelensky wanting to give some more American tax dollars away. After a couple of minutes of that bullshit, I gave up on the weather and headed out. On the way home from the college, the news came on the radio and they started playing Slow Joe's speech. Since I'd already heard it earlier I punched a button for a different station and got Cindi Lauper with Girls Just Want to Have Fun. I decided right then and there I'd much rather have Cindi Lauper for president than what we've got now. I'm guessing she wouldn't be the most qualified candidate that we've ever had, but she'd be a lot more fun than what we've got now.

2 comments:

Surly said...

Your HAM radio will probably pick up the local weather stations. No Bs, just local weather on repeat. Next time I'm down I can program it in for you.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Surly: That would be good. My little C. Crane pocket transistor picks up the weather channels extremely well but I normally keep it a Faraday bag. It would be good to have the ham available as well.