Saturday, June 1, 2024

Busy Day

 


The propane guys showed up yesterday morning and got everything set so I can hook up a couple more tanks to power the generator if the big tank runs dry. When the guy installed the generator, I had him put in a valve and a tee fitting, so all that was required was to run a line from the tee fitting up to the tank. I'm going to pour a pad or put some patio blocks down before I hook up a tank, though. He didn't have a cap to fit the tank fitting, but he did have a plug for the flare fitting on the line. He gave me the fitting for the tank and I was lucky enough to have a cap for the flare fitting end, so I stuck the fitting in a tank so I wouldn't lose it or forget where I put it. When I get the pad down, I'll roll two tanks over there and get one hooked up and ready to go for an extended power outage.


I got a coat of paint on the bench later on. Maybe get the end castings repainted tomorrow. The end pieces have been around for about 50 years. The slats have been replaced at least three or four times. They should be good for a couple of more years. If I have to replace them again, that'll probably be the last time for me.


I finish welded the rack for the Sportster with the exception of the plate that bolts to the fender. I started welding it up and noticed it looked crooked. Fortunately, I only got a small weld on there, so if I need to straighten it out, it'll be easy to cut the weld loose. Also, since the bike is shoved into the slot nose first, it'll be easy to check and I'll have the grandson help me pull it out so we can install the new rear shocks. While I am interested in finishing up the vintage trials bike, I want to get the Sportster finished as well. 

I got my three miles in on the bicycle yesterday, as well doing a few chores around the shack. Not sore but tired when 5:00 rolled around. Good productive day, though.

No comments: