Monday, June 10, 2024

Iron Butterfly

 


The instructor at the high school cut out a butterfly for the Missus with the new CNC plasma that came in to the school about the time I had my heart attack and then drug up. 


The Missus asked me not too long ago if I could somehow get it to glow in the dark - don't know where that idea came from, but Rust-Oleum makes a glow in the dark paint. They recommend an undercoat of a matt finish white primer, so that's what I did.


 

As you would expect, the can says the more sun the better the glow. I was planning on going outside to check it out and get a photo as soon as it got dark. It's supposed to glow 2 to 4 hours depending on how much it was charged up. Since it had been a sunny day, it should have been glowing at its best just after it got dark. Unfortunately, I fell asleep in the recliner and didn't get out there until much later. It was glowing then but not bright enough for the camera to pick it up, so I used the flash. Even if it never glows, it looks good now with fresh paint and it's one I can check off the list.

Surly came down and gave me a hand putting the air conditioners in the windows yesterday. Later on, Coach Jen and her husband stopped by and he gave me a hand getting the trials bike set up on the jackstands so I can get back on that project. I got the front yard mowed as well as a bit of trimming on a couple of shrubs. Productive day and good to have spent some more time outside.

No comments: