Friday, June 28, 2024

Busy Day

 


The financial guy didn't mention investing in precious metals during the meeting yesterday - you know, gold, silver, lead. He did pass along some valuable information for all of us retirees in attendance, though. 

Since the meeting was held at the local library, I looked through the new books and found a Joe Pickett novel by C.J. Box and a collection of stories by James Lee Burke, both authors I've read and enjoyed.

I did quite a bit of yard work after getting home since it was an absolutely ideal day, 75 and sunny with a light breeze. I pulled some weeds and sprayed some others, trimmed some trees, and policed the poop park. No problem with the chest at all - definitely need to shape up some, though. Doing nothing for several months is not the way to stay at peak fitness. Coach Jen sent me a text about a 5K tomorrow. I might put on the girdle and give it a go.

I did a bit more thinking about the scooter cannonball. The youngest grandson will be getting his driver's license soon. We could drive the 2,200 miles to Oregon - take 3 or 4 days. I could ride the cannonball with the grandson following along with luggage, tools, etc. When we get to Texas, load up and head home, or sooner if I would have to "abandon" the tour, like they say in the bicycle racing world. When we get home, I could hand the scooter over to him as payment for helping me out on the trip.

The other grandson made the Dean's List at the college. Like so many of my former students, when they find something they like and can get started on a decent career, they flourish. Really proud of him. He has the potential to become a real good craftsman.

Wire, fuse holders and microphone extension cord for the truck radio should be here today. The antenna folds down when I park the truck in the garage. However, it's not very stable. I think I should make some sort of saddle to support it when it's in the folded position. Doesn't seem worthwhile to put the antenna up just to take the garbage can down and then take it down again to park the truck back in the garage. Something else to think about. 


No comments: