Friday, June 14, 2024

Haircut, Pizza and a Brush Cutter

 


I got up yesterday and got my bike ride in early since they were forecasting temps in the nineties again. Came home, did some chores and then loaded up the dog for a trip to the groomer.


There's a wood fired pizza oven set up on a semi-permanent basis now on the corner of the state highway north of town, so I stopped and checked it out after dropping off the dog. No pie by the slice but a 10" sausage or pepperoni is $15.00. Extra toppings are $1.00 each. Not a bad tasting pie. The only other time I've had wood fired pizza was when I was in Italy and it was better. No surprise there, though. 


They also sell homemade ice cream. I was eye-balling up the hit and miss engine they use for turning freezers while I was waiting for my pizza. It's bad enough I broke training with the pizza, should definitely stay from the ice cream. However, in the interest of science, I might be talked into trying a cup.


The brush cutter was waiting for me when I got home from picking up the dog. It was plain to see that Fed-Ex once again used the ultimate in care when handling my package. When I checked the tracking number the other day it mentioned something about a delay. Must have been when they were taping up the carton.


I pulled it out of the box, and it doesn't seem to be damaged. A storm was rolling in, so I grabbed the manual and headed in. I've got a dentist appointment this morning and then I'm going to check out a welding job. Maybe get the brush cutter assembled after I get home.

No comments: