Saturday, June 15, 2024

Helicopter Job

 


They all might not be crying mercy now, but the time's a comin'. However, I went to the dentist yesterday and it looks like I don't need to have another root canal. That was good news.


After leaving the dentist, I went to the airport and met the man building a helicopter - very serious project! He told me he's built two airplanes, so he's not a complete novice to this type of work but it looks a lot more complicated than the kind of stuff I play around with. Plus, he's been taking lessons to get his license - but he built his own simulator first.

I come into play repairing his gas tanks. You can see the two saddles on either side of the rotor. The tanks are brand new, but they've got quite a few pinhole leaks in them. I don't think it'll be too tough to repair all the spots, just time consuming. 


The garage/barn looked pretty good when I pulled in when I got home. I remembered it was Flag Day yesterday and got the flag out before I left. I need to trim back the hazelnut bush on the left and I still haven't made a railing for the veranda yet - just one more thing on the long list of projects that need to be finished. I've been doing yardwork lately, with plenty more to do yet. We had another big rain the other night and with the hot temperatures and sunshine in the forecast for the coming week, things will still be growing great guns.

Next week is officially Amateur Radio Week in Indiana by proclamation of the governor. Next weekend is Field Day, when the local club will be operational for 24 hours remotely. This'll be my first chance to get on the air. Should be fun. They start at noon on Saturday and go until noon on Sunday. There's a 5K practically in my backyard Saturday morning that I'm contemplating doing. If my running buddy is up for it, I'll put on my girdle and walk it - slowly, of course.

No comments: