Sunday, June 16, 2024

Keepin' Busy

 

The sorghum's doing nicely after all the rain we received. 



Box O' Parts

I got the brush cutter assembled. The manual is a pain in the ass to work with. It's got several pages of drawings to help with assembly due to the fact that the actual instructions are in several different languages. You have to leaf back and forth between the illustrations and the written instructions and the book won't stay open to the page you want. I was impressed with the rod used to keep the shaft from turning while tightening up the nut holding the blade on. Imbedded in the casting is a little magnet to keep the rod from falling out while tightening the nut. 


I started fiddling with the helicopter tanks yesterday. Some of the marks indicating a leak were hard to see, so I marked them darker. I also made a blank-off plate for where the fuel sending unit goes. Since the holes for the sending unit are not spaced evenly, the arrow points to the hole matching a corresponding mark on the blank-off plate. The guy says he's in no hurry, but I want them out of here, so I'll get them welded up in the next couple of days. 

No comments: