Friday, November 12, 2010

Issues #2




















The steam engine is progressing nicely and I've been able to do all the machining at school on the lathe I picked up last year. The lathe has some issues that need to be dealt with but that will happen.

I changed the color for the links that were embedded in the text. I didn't have any trouble seeing them when I was writing things up but after they were posted they were easy to miss. So there's another issue dealt with.

I had to stay home from the gym's fundraising show due to another attack of whateveritisIgotitis but the Missus managed to get the Dr. on the hotline and phone in the order for the big guns. Last time I had this, I could actually feel myself getting better after taking the first pill. Hopefully this issue is dealt with.

I tried walking the other day to see if I could make the Thanksgiving Day 5k but had to throw in the towel on that one. Even walking briskly - not racewalking, mind you - had my chest hurting after about a 1/4 mile. However, I built the Missus a recumbent bike a couple of years ago and I might just be able to ride that puppy without the chest pain. Even if I can't run or race walk, if I can get out on a bike and get a little taste of the beautiful weather we've been having, I know my spirits will improve. As soon as the big pill kicks in, I'm going to give it a try. It might not be the complete solution but if I can do something while my chest is healing up, issue solved.

The heat is hooked up and running in the shop at school finally. That means I'll be able to bring something into the shop to work on and put all the work benches back in place. That probably has been the biggest issue I've been dealing with for the last six months.



No comments: