Monday, November 15, 2010

Wheels





HD Sprint








A couple of posts back I talked about my HD Sprint. Here's a real nice looking one. Mine was a '67 "H" model and had the same type of tank. The '67 & '68 engines had a finned cover over the valves and rockers so this one is probably a year or so older. Different seat as well, of course.
















I need a job building this kind of stuff. Or I just need health insurance and then I can fix up my shop, walk out the back door and keep pounding sheets of aluminum until I can build this kind of stuff. What was it Surly posted not too long ago? Devote 10,000 hours to your craft. I better get after it if I want to master it by the time I'm 70.







Honda Bicycle?






This is the kind of crazy stuff everyone should make at least once in their life. When guys my age were little they would make push cars and coasters - whatever they could put together that had wheels under it. When you got older and developed a little skill, you made other things. This looks like one of those things. Put something together that's just plain fun. That's the real hot rod spirit right there. You can buy the Chinese knock-off version of the Honda 50/70 pretty cheap. If Surly wasn't so busy, I'd like to pair up with him and build us a little Bonneville racer with one of them.

All photos taken from here.

2 comments:

Chris H said...

Hey Shop Teacher Bob,

I know this is an old post from 2010, but what year and month did you get the Honda 50 bicycle picture from Le Container blog. I couldn't find it after looking through the whole blog.

Thanks

Chris

Chris H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.