Monday, November 1, 2010

Trusses















The trusses for the barn arrived this week. We went with trusses for two reasons - it's a lot easier to get a decent job on a gambrel roof when they're jig built by pro's as opposed to high school kids trying to put rafters together, and they are going to be hell for strong. I'll have a clear space roughly 16' wide by 32' long with an 8' ceiling height. The bottom chord is a 2"x10" and I'm planning on 3/4" plywood flooring, so I'll have a real nice upstairs that will support my woodworking tools and it will be easy to drywall if I so desire. I'm not sure when they're scheduled to be set. He must be planning on getting them put up pretty soon or he wouldn't have ordered them.

I've got today off for Fall Break. The weather's supposed to be nice so I can finish up my last little painting job and get the one last storm window up. I did the last mowing of the year Saturday and did my running around Sunday. Hit all the big spots - Harbor Freight and Menard's. Stopped for a late lunch at the Longhorn Steakhouse with the Missus - Thanks Dave. The food was great. Came home, did a couple of quick chores and promptly fell asleep in the big chair. There's a lot to be said for a good nap.

The tubing for the Rickati project should be here this week and we're starting to machine up some parts for the steam engine. I wan't to see that running on compressed air by the end of the year. Looks like I'm not going to Brazil for Jimmy's fight. That's a pisser. He's going to be fighting locally in December instead. We've got a guy fighting next Wednesday and we're putting on a show in-house the twelfth of this month followed up by the Silver Gloves in December. As always, never a dull moment.

2 comments:

tvi said...

HEY "BOB",

THE BARN IS COMING TOGETHER. WHAT TIME DOES YOUR OPEN SHOP START? IS IT GOING TO BE OPEN TOMMORROW? I'VE GOT A COUPLE OF SMALL JOBS, AND I WANT TO BRING THE HARLEY FRAME UP TO SCOPE IT OUT.

TALK TO YOU SOON,

TVI

leroy99 said...

Your welcome they have some good grub there! I will be back at the gym on the 8th wanted to start back today but the wife is in Chicago all week in meetings so I am plenty busy with the kids and school. Will catch up next week