Monday, November 29, 2010

Swingarm
















I got the shock mounting studs tacked on the swingarm. I need to move the ones on the frame tube to give me the right length for the shocks so I figured I'd get the bottom ones welded on and then I can get an accurate measurement plus I wanted to make sure the back wheel is going to fit up right. I got a rough measurement on the axle spacers but I really need to make the axle and the adjusters before I can get an exact length. I also need to weld a tab on the swingarm for the brake stay. I'm going to make that out of 1/2" dia. aluminum that gets turned to 3/8" on the ends. One end gets right hand threads, the other left hand. A 3/8" Heim joint on each end, plus I'll machine a flat on it for a wrench so I can adjust the length. Sounds tougher than it is. At the rate I'm going, I might actually have everything ready to send out by the first of the year. That's a big ten - four.

2 comments:

Grumpyunk said...

Things are looking good there. Another picture of the exhaust would be good.
Can of inspiration or whatever, build away.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

The pipe and muffler are just about finished. Should be able to post the finished product in a couple of days. I don't really need the can of inspiration on this project, more like perspiration. I'm pretty close to the part of the job when I tell everyone else to go away until I finish this thing, though. I want to have everything paint ready by the first of the year, then start on the 900 while I'm waiting for the engine and powder coating. I'm rockin' now, brother.