Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lugs







Lifting Lugs













Cut Edge







I picked up the pieces for my lifting cradle from Steelcraft Fabricators. Taking my stuff there was a wise move. I could have cut the parts out myself but I can't drill an 1-1/8" hole so I would have had to cut everything by hand, including the hole. By the time I got them done and cleaned up, it just wasn't going to be worth it. If you look at the close up of the cut edge, that's just how the part comes from the torch. No slag to chip off, the edges are square and the dimensions are right on the money. Can't beat that. Good people to do business with. I started welding things together this morning - got the four lifting thingies tacked together and two welded up before lunch. Picked up a few more 2x4s on the way home so I can finish running the purlins around the building. The walls are just about ready for the top to be put back on.

It looks like it's a go for the trip to the Bare Knuckle Boxing Hall of Fame trip. There was a little write up in the local paper out there about Jimmy coming to train. I'll have to burn most of my personal business days but that's not much of a hardship. It should be a lot of fun and unlike the trip to Oklahoma, I'll be able to do more than just sit around in a hotel room. I'm going to try and work out as much as possible while I'm there. Since I quit running and cycling, both my weight and blood pressure have crept up. I need to keep both of those under control so I can enjoy my upcoming retirement.

The weather is supposed to be just about perfect tomorrow. I'm going to work on the barn, naturally enough, but what I should do is go fishing. The weather this summer has been terrible. It was either hot and humid or storming. I can't remember having more than one of those nice summer showers. It's always thunder, lightning and wind gusts. Kind of like yesterday, actually. Anyway, tomorrow's going to be a good one and that will make two in a row. Enjoy them while we got 'em.

No comments: