Friday, August 26, 2011

Rollfast















1964 Rollfast.

The Missus had me get her old bicycle out for her, which I was more than happy to do. I washed it up and put the new handlebars on and she took it out for a little spin. I put some new tires on it and cleaned up the chrome on the wheels this spring, so it's ready to go. She got the bike for her 8th grade graduation, so it's been around awhile, but it's everything a middleweight coaster brake equipped bike should be. It weighs a ton but once moving, rides really nice. I think the Missus is planning on getting a little exercise which I'm glad to see. She's got some health issues that would probably benefit from a little bicycle time on a regular basis but I'm of the opinion that any of us that are going to be sitting on our asses (not just the Missus, mind you), would be a lot better off if there's a bicycle under it when we do. So unless your in the path of the hurricane, get out this weekend and ride that bike.

2 comments:

Traveling Pirate said...

Being employed has really cut into my riding time. Hopefully, now that I'm two weeks in, I can stop putting in so many work hours and get home a little earlier. Two evenings this week, I finished up my ride after dark, which I prefer to not do. Same thing in the mornings - too dark until about 5:40 and I have to be in the shower by 6:00. Such a tough life for the employed. Can't wait to get that first paycheck though!

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Going to work can really crimp your style, it's true, but the paycheck makes it all happen. I've been squeezing in some short rides in the evening, even rode to work one day. Hope the new job is good to you.