Saturday, August 6, 2011

Mower/Barn

I got my new mower delivered this morning. I spent a good part of Thursday checking out just about every lawn and garden outfit within a 30 mile radius. I finally settled on a Bad Boy. Because it's a zero turn, I had visions of ramming into and mowing off about everything in sight but I figured it out pretty quick. I managed to mow the front and back prior to heading out to the gym at ten. Looks like I'll be able to mow in just about half the time it took before. Of course, the other mower wouldn't hardly back up anymore, so that slowed things down considerably.

I went over to school in the afternoon and finished bolting together the second lifting beam. I've got some help coming in the morning to get them loaded on the trailer. Since I'm not sure how long it will take to load and deliver them, I'm not sure what else we can get done. It'll be nice if we can get the header spotted inside the barn or up on some scaffolding. I don't want to take too much of his time - he works lots of hours.

I got a little more work done on the walls but got rained out this afternoon. That means the grass is going to continue to grow - good thing I got the mower. Surly gave me a hand moving the last of the appliances back into the kitchen. I got the trim installed in the laundry room but I've still got a couple of pieces to finish in the kitchen. I didn't think of it until now or I would have worked on it earlier today. I need to remember the goal for the year: Finish what you start and don't start anything else until you do. It's been a little trouble finishing anything with the barn job going on but it's been real easy not to start anything else, however.

Won't be long and it'll be time for lift-off. I might be able to schedule the wrecker for the end of the week. I'm getting a wisdom tooth pulled on Thursday plus I've got a few other odds and ends to look after this week. Just might be able to get the lid put back on, though.

No comments: