Monday, January 27, 2014

BSA

Photo From Here NSFW
Ain't that a pretty little thing. Swept back exhaust, rearsets, clubman bars and not a speck of dust on it. But you can tell it's British, there's a puddle under it.

I did make it out to the shop on Saturday and gawk at the Beezer a bit. Actually just long enough to make a couple of cardboard patterns for a sidecover. I was going to try and get out there again on Sunday but by the time I got done shoveling/snowblowing and bringing in more wood I said the heck with it. I've got the patterns in the house so I can think about the design while I'm waiting for the temperature to climb back above zero. I've got a rough idea of what I'm looking for now and I think I've got it figured out how to make them easily enough. I'll have to make two hammerforms - probably take as long or longer to make the forms as to knock out the sidecovers but that's OK. Every thing else on the job looks to be pretty straight forward mechanical things and then paint. A pair of those sweptback pipes would be nice also.

No comments: