Monday, January 20, 2014

Davida Helmet

While waiting for my chili and cornbread pie to bake the other night, I was buzzing through a few blogs that I follow and I found this:

Photo From Here
That helmet is just what I need to ride the BSA. Get myself a Davida helmet like Jim Redman and stick a Mooneyes decal on it and I'd be hooked up solid.



 Brother Johnny used to post this photo of Redman on his blog every once in awhile:


Davida helmet, Gasolina boots and a Corbin seat and I'd look real good sitting on the BSA out in the shop. Actually I could get a helmet and the seat with the black and white checkerboard stripe down the middle of both of them. There's a thought. Might be better if I took that thousand bucks and got the thing running first. About the only thing this cold weather is good for is planning and dreaming. I have been giving the sidecovers some thought. Next time it gets above thirty, I'm planning on making a move.

2 comments:

Surly said...

John "Mooneyes" Cooper made that helmet famous but Renzo Pasolini adopted it later. That's who is in the photo above. I'm guessing that's the 350 Benelli he's on.
http://tinyurl.com/l33gnaw

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I don't remember Pasolini wearing the Mooneyes but since he's been gone 40 years, probably not surprising. I do remember reading about him racing for H.D. on the big 750's, the two strokes and, of course, the Benelli 350.

Since it's been so cold and I've had a little time on my hands, been thinking about the BSA and what I need to do to get it done. Should have put it down the basement for the winter where it's warm. Might have gotten something done.