Saturday, June 14, 2014

Black & White


For whatever it's worth, I've been here a couple of times - Central Camera in Chicago. The photo comes from here, via here. Even though you can't make out all of the store name in the photo, I new right away where it was. The place has been in business since 1899 but since film is about gone, who knows how much longer it will be around.  As far as that goes, Kodak is pretty well done also. I would like to get out to Rochester, NY and see the George Eastman House some day. The web site says they'll be hosting the Photo Finish 5K in September. Maybe I should start training. Then again, maybe not.

The Missus picked up the catalog for the upcoming county fair the other day and got me to thinking that I should get a couple of B&W prints made up from my trip to Europe last winter. I shot four rolls of film and I got some decent negatives to work with - maybe print a couple of my favorites, enter them in the fair and then hang them on the wall later. They offer some big cash prizes - I think the winner in each of the categories takes home $1.00. That's one dollar, not a hundred. Regardless, it would be nice to have a  shot of the Eiffel Tower or Notre Dame to hang on the gallery wall out in the wood shop. 

Enjoy the weekend. Looks like it's going to be a dandy around here.



No comments: