Tuesday, June 10, 2014

More Wrenchin'

Photo From Here

Been making progress - the mower place had the pulley and belt in stock. The pulley was only twenty bucks and it only took about 30 minutes to get it and the new belt installed with nary a cuss word uttered. 

I've got the engine cases and the transmission put together on the Sportster. According to the manual, it says when reassembling the engine to put the heads and barrels on after the engine is installed in the frame. Even if that's not the most efficient way to handle it, it's probably the best for an old guy with a bad back working solo. I need to get the oil pump sorted and bolted up first and then I should be ready to drop the engine in the frame. I've only been able to find one wrist pin in the boxes, so I need to do another search and if still no luck, call the previous owner and see if he might have it some place. I'm heading to the local Harley dealer today to see about a couple of little things and I ordered a bolt kit for the case covers - polished stainless no less. The kit should be here by the end of the week. I've got company coming into town over the weekend, so there won't be much done for a few days but with a little luck I might be able to have the engine sitting in the frame by then.

No comments: