Sunday, July 6, 2014

Berries


Gooseberries to the left, red raspberries to the right. One's for a pie, one's for eating fresh.

Rode the Suzuki to the gym yesterday and then did a little service work on it when I came home - oil change, chain lube and a little spit shine. Need to change the engine coolant one of these days as well. The truck is ready for an oil change also. I don't normally do that myself but my neighborhood mechanic's been real busy and I've already got the oil and filter, so might as well. 

Pick some berries, weed the garden, cut the grass, exercise a little, work for wages a few days per week, and then work on a few projects as time and weather allow. Not an exciting life but a fulfilling and enjoyable one. The neighbor lady passed away this past week after a long battle with cancer. She was a couple of years older than I am but still too young to be called home as far as I'm concerned. Just one more reminder that even if the most important thing we do today is pick some raspberries and nip the stems off some gooseberries, that time was still a gift and it was time well spent.

"Be happy in your work" and have a good week.

No comments: