Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Eight Degrees of Separation



One of my students sent me a link to a write up on this car/trike. Seems it was built and designed by his girlfriend's uncle. There are quite a few pictures at the link as well as a short history of the car and builder. I like this photo because you can see the low profile and clean lines of the car, plus, it's got the chick on the Norton in the background for scale. Interesting story. Thanks for the heads up James.


There is a designer who offered plans for a similar vehicle years ago. It was powered by a 900 Kaw motor and if I remember correctly, it had a VW pan and front suspension. I sent away for some info on it. After reading about the car in the top photo, I thought it might have been the same guy. After thinking about it a bit, I finally remembered enough to find the website of the designer I was thinking about. He's still selling plans, not just three wheeled cars, but lots of things. If you're looking for something to make, might find something to your liking. Me? I'll be lucky to live long enough to finish what I've got started now.

No comments: