Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Git-tar Monsters

While I'm real happy with my new Veloster, one of the things I most enjoy about it is listening to the satellite radio on my way home from work. I usually listen to one of five stations - Outlaw Country, B.B. King's Bluesville, The Bridge, Bluegrass and one of the jazz stations. On the way home from work the other night I heard a Robin Trower song and for some reason it triggered a memory of another guitar player from that era. Rory Gallagher? Nope, that's not it. Great guitar player but that's not the guy. About a day later it came to me. Roy Buchanan - yes! I can't remember the last time I heard anything from either of those two guys played on commercial radio. I still haven't heard either of them on satellite either. Maybe I need to check a few more of the channels. I'm sure there must be a channel dedicated to "monster" guitar players. It's not the kind of music I would listen to on a regular basis but every once in a while, a guy just needs to crank it up a bit.




The production quality of both of these is not very good but it'll give you an idea of what these guys could do. Tragically, both of them died young. Gallagher at age 47, Buchanan at 48. Probably should have posted some Gallagher last week for St. Paddy's Day.

As for the rest of us? Keep on rockin'

No comments: