Saturday, May 5, 2018

Prospecting For Gold


Went to the local Ace hardware store in search of some gold paint for the sidecar project but they didn't have anything to my liking. Since I had no gold, I went ahead and painted the mechanic's stool with some machine gray I had laying around. I added a seat from a leftover piece of 5/4" and a piece of luan plywood for the bottom and it's ready to rock.

I'm going to check Menard's and True Value for paint and see what I can come up with in a rattle can. If I can't find anything, I'll send Surly to the auto parts store for a quart  and I'll break out the spray gun. I've got a little touch-up gun that works well for that sort of thing. I've been thinking about buying a pressure washer. Harbor Freight has one on sale that would probably work for as little as I'd use it. That'd be just the ticket for cleaning up the wheels prior to cleaning along with several other jobs I can think of.

We're going to be getting a new well soon so I've got to move some things down the basement and trim some tree branches before they show up. Time to get the garden going as well. I've been getting out on the bicycle a bit and now I'll be mowing every couple of days, so time on the sidecar project will be limited but I'll be done with school/work next week so that'll help.

Have a good weekend! Get outside and get some sunshine and a bit of exercise - it's good for you.

2 comments:

Surly said...

I have a 1/2 pint of One Shot in gold. Probably never use it. I doubt if it would cover three wheels though.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I bought a can of Rust-Oleum I'm going to try on an extra mag I've got and experiment a bit.