Monday, May 7, 2018

Weekend Update


Gold is apparently the color of choice for vintage sprint car wheels also.

Cuzzin Ricky and I went to Toledo for a champ car race Friday and they had a few vintage cars on display.


Old midget racer. This one has the dashboard autographed by none other than Mel Kenyon. They allowed the vintage cars some track time and this little thing was stepping pretty lively.


Toledo is a paved track. While I prefer my open wheel racing on the dirt, these guys did some serious racing. The newer style cars are not as pretty as the older cars with the rounded front ends and grills but the cars are much safer and still put on a great show whether on dirt or pavement. 

The temperature was much better than the previous weekend but it still seemed cold to me once the sun went down - jacket, hat and gloves required for me. We hit the sprint car race at Plymouth, Ind. on Saturday night and it was down-right delightful there. I commented to Rick that at eight o'clock I was still in a tee shirt and quite comfortable. That's more like it. Good racing at Plymouth also. My guy, Kevin Thomas, Jr., won the race. That boy's a real racer but anyone who even makes the show in the champ cars or the sprint cars has to be.

We don't have any more races on our schedule for a bit. That will give me time to get some work done around the shack and on the projects. This is my last week at the college, so that'll free up even more time. Better still. I need to get busy on the garden, keep up with the mowing and lots of other household things. And, of course, I need to get my own gold wheel finished up in order to complete the sidecar.

No comments: