Friday, May 11, 2018

Wheel's Turning to Gold



I tried a couple of different colors on my sample wheel. One was more copper than gold but I do like the way it looks. Matches up with the color of the sheet metal nicely. The metallic gold isn't bad. If it had just a bit more yellow to it, it would be close to a perfect match. It's a one shot primer and color paint that supposed to work on aluminum. I'm going to shoot a second coat on it and see if it looks any better. The photo was taken early afternoon in bright sunlight, so there's that to be taken into consideration also.

I finished up the little stool. Looking at it after it's all done, I could have either bought one or just made the whole thing out of wood and tossed the aluminum section in the scrap pile. I didn't really save anything, but I did get it finished and I have a pending use for it. So there's that.

I finished up at the college yesterday. I took my final exam in the Multi-axis CNC class and gave the final in the Fab class. Now I'm done again - don't know if I should call it retired or on sabbatical. I won't be teaching in the summer or the first eight weeks in the fall. Not sure after that. One of the current instructors is looking at a full time job at a local high school. I'm sure the boss would love to have me back, especially if the other guy drags up. He seemed to be pleased with the way I handled the Fab class. I was pretty happy myself - don't know if I'm happy enough to want to do it again, however.

I'm going to keep picking away at the sidecar project and some of the work around the shack. I'm pretty much back in a groove now. Feels good to be getting things finished and having plenty of free time as well.

2 comments:

Surly said...

The gold looks good. I approve.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I got a new windscreen for the sidecar today. I'm going to order a new tire for it and I'll get the wheel painted when I swap out the tire. Should be a nice rig when I get it finished.