Saturday, May 19, 2018

Race Weekend Recap, Pt. II



Here's a couple for Surly - the top one because he digs that kind of architecture, the bottom one because he used to own a Falcon for a short time.






The Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum is a must see for any automotive enthusiast. I was there once long ago, glad I made the return visit. Interesting fact: Duesenberg never made any of the bodies on their automobiles. They were farmed out to various coach building companies and they were made of 14 gauge aluminum. That would take a serious level of craftsmanship to build one of those. When you get the opportunity to look at the body work up close and personal, it's flawless. I did wonder when looking over the cars about the paint jobs. I'm assuming the original paint would have been an enamel. I wonder what they use when restoring these rigs. Whatever it is, it's done properly, that I can tell you.

Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Surly said...

I wish I still had that Falcon