Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Everyone Back to Work Now




From the Post Tribune:
INDIANAPOLIS — Republican Tony Bennett has lost his bid for a second term as Indiana’s schools superintendent to a lifelong educator backed by teachers unhappy with Bennett’s sweeping education overhaul.


So there's some good news from yesterday's election. Perhaps I should contact the Superintendent elect and offer my services. Maybe get busy writing the manifesto. Or maybe it's just time to get back to work.



OK then, lets formulate the plan. No wait. That never works. Something else always comes along to screw up the plan. How 'bout this? I fill in the spaces on the Spin to Win wheel with projects, including a few for the Missus. She spins the wheel and whatever comes up that day, that's what I work on. Probably as good a plan as anything else I've come up with over the years.


While I'm waiting for Amazon to deliver the game wheel, maybe a little quality time with the VW would be in order. I'm planning on working on the wheels this evening. I'll do some wire brushing and then sandblast the rest. Harbor Freight has a small sandblast cabinet on sale. It's a little small for doing the wheels but would be real handy to have around for a lot of the other projects that are scheduled to be penciled in on the game wheel.  Maybe I need to fetch one of those on home.

Photo From Here
This is the dash from an AC Aceca. AC of course is the same outfit responsible for the Cobra. I've been trying to come up with a dash idea for the VW. The stocker is junk and the Super Beetle dash always looked cheap to me anyway. The regular beetle was just plain sheet metal but looked liked it belonged there.  I'm thinking of something a little more "racecarish", if you will but not sure what. There's a whole lot more to this one here than I would want for the bug, but a flat piece of plywood padded and covered with vinyl would be easy enough. This one actually looks like it's an airplane cockpit when you see the mountains in the background. Some of the old mahogany race boats from the thirties had some cool dashes. Just like the 900 project, I always like to have everything planned out before I start. It's taken me so long to get started on these things you'd have thought I'd have had every detail worked out by now, but alas, such is not the case. I don't want having to do things twice or taking too many steps backwards. Or worse yet, getting it done and thinking: "You had that thing for all those years and that's the best you could come up with?"

So while all of the project details are spinning around in the vast emptiness of my brain, The Traveling Pirate tells me that the Italian classes are on sale. Mamma Mia! What's a boy to do?



No comments: