Sunday, November 4, 2012

Winning Performances


"The Fighting School Teacher"
I worked the corner for Jimmy on Saturday night for his comeback fight. Didn't have to do much. Jimmy hit the guy early in the second round with a short, chopping overhand right and dropped him to one knee. Even though he was up by the count of eight, the referee stopped the contest and it was all over. Jimmy looked real good. His punches were right on target, his timing was good and his defense was excellent. He started landing hard shots towards the end of the first round and it was only a matter of time before he was going to get the guy out. This was supposed to be the last fight but he's got a chance to fight again in about three weeks and make a little money. I'm hoping he stays retired but I can understand him taking the fight. He's already in shape and I'm sure the money would come in handy. He finished on a high note before the home town crowd. It'd like to see him leave it at that.




Your's truly came off the bench to run a 4 miler this morning. Since I've been nursing the cold, I wasn't sure what I was going to do once I got there. It was spitting a little rain when we pulled up but it cleared up about the time the gun went off, so off I went. I walked the first half mile or so to warm up and then I would run about two blocks at a time, walk six, and repeat. I kept my heart rate low and enjoyed being out and being able to complete the four miles after having the grabber earlier this year. Even though I didn't run much, or fast, it was the first running I've done in over two years and it felt good. My time for the four miler was pretty slow. If it wasn't so cloudy they could have used a sundial to time me but that's OK. I wasn't the last one in and even if I would have been, it was still a PR as far as I was concerned.

Pretty much squandered the rest of the day. Showered up, watched the Bears, worked the crossword puzzle, took a little nap and wrote this up. I'll finish the day with a little more football and try to get through a little of the magazine pile. All in all, not a bad way to spend the day.

Hope your weekend was equally productive and let's all have a good week.

No comments: