Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving




Thanksgiving Day tomorrow. I've got plenty to be thankful for this year. First and foremost, I'm still around after having a heart attack. I'm also able to do the Turkey Trot 5K - maybe not fast, but I'm ambulatory and there's a lot to be said for that. I've got a job, which seems to always be a mixed blessing, but a lot of people would really like to have one right about now, I got the VW wheels sandblasted, and the fog light bracket finished. The last two are rather petty in the big scheme of things but are an indication that I am in fact still able to do a few of the things I love. All things considered, I'm in a pretty good place.


I hope all of you are in a similar good place this holiday season. We all need to remember those that aren't as fortunate and share the wealth a little. As great as this country is, there are still a lot of hungry people out there. A lot of people are still suffering from the effects of all the storms we've had this year and, of course, the servicemen and women that are away from home during the holidays would appreciate a little remembrance from the folks back home. Lots of ways to contribute to those needing a little help - Salvation Army, Red Cross, USO, local food pantry. I usually give a little something to these guys. They're local and do good work.

Enjoy your turkey all you carnivores. I might even sneak a couple of bites myself.






2 comments:

cuzzin ricky said...

happy thanksgiving to you and your family and your legion of shop teacher bob fans out there cuzzin ricky

Shop Teacher Bob said...

On behalf of myself and the legion of fans, thanks.

We need to do breakfast and make plans for the midget races.