Friday, October 17, 2014

Shiny Bits


The new parts for the Harley arrived the other day. Other than whatever I may need for the wiring, I think I should be about done buying parts. I've kept all the receipts but I haven't totaled everything up. I don't think I went in too deep but maybe it's better if I don't know. 

I need to pick up the back of the bike a bit so I can bolt on the center stand. I figured I'd just lift it up a bit and slide a short piece of 2x4 under the rear tire which would give me the clearance I needed on the stand to get the bolt in. No go Joe. I used to do dumb stuff like that but not anymore. I'll get a jack under it next time I'm out there rather than throwing the back out. Again.

I might need to call a short time out on the bike and do a little more cleaning and organizing out there. Maybe take a day before I pull the back wheel off and put the tools away and finish the rack for the TIG rods, etc. Plus the grass needs mowing again - should be about the end of that, however.

Steady by jerks, as my old pal Joey used to say.

Have a good weekend.

No comments: