Sunday, August 20, 2017

Heavy Bags



Heavy bag hangers for the gym. I dropped them off the other night, so my part is done. I got the new tires and tubes installed on the touring bicycle and got the grips re-glued on the city bike as well. Moving on to other partially completed projects like the deck off the end of the barn and maybe hit a few licks on the VW. No shortage of things to do.

If you've got a few minutes to kill and you have even a passing interest in Industrial Design, you should check out the film about Raymond Loewy at Silodrome. It's an old piece that was shown on 60 Minutes. It's about 15 minutes in length but it will be time well spent. Also stumbled across a video of the new Jeep truck. Of course it's a 4 door and it looks like it's set for a 2019 release. Looks nice from what you can see, though.

I start school tomorrow, finish in December. Really looking forward to full time retirement. I'm sure it won't make much difference in what I get accomplished but I'm sure I'll be a lot happier. I've been working for 50 years - that's enough. My boss did mention the other day that he had to cancel a few classes for the spring semester. I think he was trying to make me feel a little guilty - not much chance of that, however. Starting tomorrow I'm counting down from 31!

No comments: