Friday, August 11, 2017

Indy Trip



I went to Indy yesterday to get some advice from the financial guy and hit a couple of bike shops and Trader Joe's as I'm wont to do. I went to Speed City Cycle first off. They handle Royal Enfield, Ural and a couple brands of scooters. This is the first time I've been there. It's a small place but lots of bikes inside. I had a nice chat with the owner. He said Royal Enfield is currently selling 65,000 bikes per month world wide. That's quite the sales figure. He updated me on the progress of the Himalayan model - it's completing all the testing required for EPA and CARB requirements. Said it won't be too much longer and he should have a couple of them in.

I also stopped at the Ducati shop on the way home. First time I've been there as well. There's a 2016 Icon scrambler model on the showroom floor the owner said he'd cut me a decent deal on. I'd really like to get a new bike but I don't really know what I want. The Ducati is about the limit as far as price goes. It's also about as big a displacement as I want. The Enfield would be a cool little toy and I think it would be just the ticket for one of my "bucket list" items but the I'd get a lot more motorcycle for not much more money if I went with the Ducati. I'll keep thinking it over. Probably end up just keeping the SV650. As little as I ride, it does just fine but I'd really like to get a new bike.

I'm planning on finally getting back in the shop today. I've still got a few things to do around the yard but it's time to do a bit of fabricating. I've got a 5K Saturday and that should be about it for the race walking for a while. I'll be back on the bicycle trying to get some miles in to shape up for a couple of upcoming events. 

Have a good weekend - supposed to be really nice here the next few days. Get out and enjoy it.



No comments: