Thursday, September 27, 2018

Corn's Gone


Farmer Zach showed up yesterday and picked the corn. It's definitely Fall if he's picking corn. That's a sign that I need to keep busy getting things done around the shack and working on some things in the shop before I need to run the heater when I go out there. I was planning on going back out to the shop yesterday and work on the trials bike but the Missus decided her life would be much more pleasant if some of the furniture got re-arranged. So I moved furniture rather than worked in the shop, but as Scarlett said: "Tomorrow is another day".


The Harvest Moon. Photo taken from the same vantage point as the combine photo above. Not much of a photo but now that I've got the veranda installed on the new barn, I'm planning on setting up the telescope out there occasionally and taking a good look at the moon and the stars. Should be a good place for viewing - high enough to clear most obstacles and very little "light noise." I would have set it up last evening but I still don't have a railing yet. I'm not taking any chances on falling off. Good timing on the day of the harvest, though.

No comments: