Tuesday, September 4, 2018

"Ketchup"


Still trying to get back on track after the Alaska trip. Between the time difference and catching up on the chores, not much to report on. Mowed the grass twice since I've been home, including putting on a new set of blades. Made a big dent in the mail and magazine pile. Went to a party for my brother's 50th wedding anniversary - very nice by the way. Got a chance to see some family I don't see too often and a couple of our neighbors from when we were growing up. One of them a pretty spry 96 years of age. Also fixed up a bicycle for one of my former students and as a bonus, sold him my old pickup. I need to swap the tires out with the new one before he takes possession, but I've got a few other things in line ahead of that.

Got a dentist appointment this week, going to the midget race in Indy, going back to work again, and I've got a few guys lined up to help me stand the barn veranda up on Saturday as long as the weather co-operates and I've got a job to do for the Missus that's getting to be a priority. So that pretty well fills up the dance card for this week.

I've got a few more things I need to tend to before the weather starts closing in. A bit of painting, some more yard work and a bit of lumberjackin', along with finishing up the veranda when I get it stood up. I need to get the decking and the posts installed at least, then I can make the railing and the gate at my leisure.  Surly made a few suggestions on the Rickati project that are pretty good. Hopefully I can squeeze a bit of time in for that project before long as well.

I read that the average life expectancy for a man in the US is 83. As of today I'm counting backwards from 15. Not much time when you think about it.

No comments: