Thursday, September 6, 2018

Rockabilly


Hard to beat some classic rockabilly! If memory serves me correctly, Surly and I saw Carl Perkin's coat in a little museum right next door to the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel many a year ago - right up there with seeing Elvis's K Model in Niagara Falls and some of the other arcane things we've seen over the years.

Made it back to work this week. I was a little happier leaving the school in the afternoon than I was at six AM when the alarm went off. It's a small class and it looks like my substitute got them started off on the right foot. Should be painless enough in spite of the fact that I'm back to setting an alarm clock a couple days per week.

Off to Indy today for the midget race with Cuzzin Ricky. Should be a great show. I cancelled out the bicycle ride I was planning on riding with my saddle pal on the 16th. I just didn't want to devote the time to training when I have other things much more pressing that I should be attending to. Not so pressing that I'm going to stay home from Indy, however. Hopefully it'll be a bit cooler today, we've had temps in the 90's of late.


No comments: