Friday, September 28, 2018

Mr. Lucky


Cuzzin Ricky and I went to the sprint car races at Kokomo last evening. As we were walking up to say hello to the young man and his wife at the Amsoil tent, a guy asked us if we had bought our tickets yet. Rick told him no, and the guy gave us each a wristband that got us in for free. Last night's event was a make up date for a twice rained out event, not sure why the other guy didn't need his wristbands any longer but his generosity saved us $35.00 each.

After getting the wristbands and smiling at our good fortune, we talked a bit with the Amsoil guy and I bought a couple of things from him. Usually we just BS a bit and keep on walking but I wanted to try their gas stabilizer and their 2-stroke oil. Their products are expensive but seem to work really well, so I'll try it out. Amsoil being a primary sponsor of USAC racing always do a drawing for a couple of fans to watch the race from the infield. Rick and I both filled out the forms and I had my name pulled so we got to watch the main feature right by the winner's circle. We got to talk to the winner after the race for a couple of minutes and Rick and I each got a tee shirt out of the deal - not that I needed another tee shirt, but this one's a bit out of the ordinary.

Great night at the races. Thanks to USAC, Amsoil, the unknown wristband donor, and all the drivers for putting on a great show.

No comments: