Thursday, September 17, 2020

Constitution Day

 It's Constitution Day. If you're not familiar with the US Constitution, you are not alone. It seems that most of our legislators aren't either. Either that or they just don't care about upholding the Constitution. You on the other hand, can take a free course from Hillsdale College that will set you straight. I've mentioned this a few times before and I must confess I've not taken the course yet, either. However, I've got a copy of the Constitution and I've read it a couple of times. 

The Bill of Rights, or first ten amendments to the Constitution, should be guiding the actions of our "betters" in Congress, but it sure doesn't seem that way. Most all of us are familiar with the 1st & 2nd amendments but the 10th should really be observed much more. Federal powers are supposed to be very limited and we'd all be a lot better off if that was the case. I don't know if there's a Libertarian presidential candidate that will be on the ballot here in Indiana this year but it would be nice if there was an alternative to the other two. Maybe after the revolution. There is a Libertarian candidate for Governor on the ballot. He doesn't stand much of a chance I would guess but he'll probably get my vote. Less government is best government the way I see it.


2 comments:

Surly said...

I have a book of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. All of the amendments GIVE the People something except for the ones that have been repealed. Think about that.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity...."

I think a lot of We the People are getting ready to re-form a more perfect union and it ain't gonna be pretty.