Monday, September 21, 2020

Roamin' in the Gloamin


 The movie Harry and Tonto was on the other night. I've seen it a half dozen times at least but watched it again just the same. The older I get the more I appreciate the movie. Plus it's got Art Carney and Arthur Hunnicutt both doing a short bit about being cat salesmen. I don't know if that was something from an old vaudeville skit or what, but it's funny when Carney does it during the cab ride but it knocks me out when Hunnicutt says the same thing later in the movie. Watch the movie to get the Roamin' in the Gloamin reference.

When I took my last load over to the storage shed Saturday, I got a fault code on the truck dash saying a turn signal was out on the carrier as I turned in to my drive. When I put this thing together I soldered all the wire connections and used brass screws for the grounds to prevent corrosion. The light is an LED so it should last at least my lifetime. I turned on the headlights and the the taillight didn't work either. I took the carrier off the truck and I'll have to get out the volt meter one of these days to see what's going on. The only other time I used it was a trip to Indy. What the hell, 2020? 

I got the motor mounts cut out and ready to bend. Cut some grass and did my walkies. Eyeballed some of the projects, read the paper, did my chores - good weekend.

No comments: