Friday, September 4, 2020

Seventy

 I made it to seventy. Between a couple of medical things and several things brought on by my own dumb-assery, there were some times where making it to seventy was a bit iffy. Actually, I'm in pretty good shape for a guy who has broken his skull, nose, collarbone, wrist, finger, knuckle, and several ribs. And I've outlived Elvis by 28 years - so I've got that going for me. On the serious side, I'm still married to the same woman for almost 50 years, we're blessed with a wonderful son and his family, and compared to many people in this train-wreck of a year, I don't have a care in the world. 

I'm planning on celebrating with a bike ride and another evening spent at home just like the last 160 evenings.

Stay safe everyone and thanks for following along.

3 comments:

Kevin Kaluf said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

tvi said...

HI 'BOB',

CONGRATS ON THE SEVENTY! I HONESTLY NEVER DREAMED I'D STILL BE HERE, SO I'M GLAD YOU ARE STILL HERE WITH ME! HOPE THE COOTIES THING GOES AWAY SO WE CAN GET TOGETHER AND SHOOT THE SHIT AND MAYBE PLAY SOME CARDS!!

SEE YOU SOON,

TVI

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Thanks to you both. Not all that crazy about growing old but it sure beats the alternative!