Friday, December 25, 2020

Buon Natale

 


Merry Christmas To All


Larry sportin' his new haircut and his Santa's little helper's hat. Having this little guy around makes every day like Christmas. The Missus and I will be spending the day bundled up, eating our traditional Christmas breakfast of orange rolls and then parking our fannies in the recliners pert near like every other day around here. 

I'm glad I got the storm window finished and installed. The wind started blowing not long after I got it up, followed by rain and dropping temperatures. Yesterday the high temp was something like 16 degrees and it's cold again today. I got the heater installed in the chicken coop for the girls along with fresh straw in the nesting boxes. I'll get the tractor out this weekend and put the skid feet under the grader blade so I'll be ready for plowing the lane when the snow comes. I'll also finish the batch of parts for the side hustle this weekend. 

I emailed my political betters in Washington voicing my displeasure with the stimulus package. How you can be $27 trillion in debt, have millions of people unemployed, have thousands of businesses shuttered, while people line up for miles to get a bag of groceries, and then give away billions of dollars to foreign countries while giving the people you represent and should be your first and only priority in the midst of a pandemic a paltry $600 is beyond me. Actually it's not only criminal, it's immoral in my book. But today I'll put it all behind me, build a fire in the fireplace, kick back and catch up on some reading. It would be nice to get together with Surly and his family but, alas, it's not to be.

Merry Christmas everyone!



No comments: