Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Libertarian Politics

 


Coincidentally, I came across an article about the increasing influence of the Libertarian Party in the recent election about the same time I saw this meme. Maybe the time for a viable third party has finally arrived. Of course after this coming year, on top of what we've been through in 2020, probably won't be much of anything left to salvage by the time the next election rolls around.

I've been reading a lot about how the lock-downs have affected individuals and businesses. I don't know how bad things are going to be when the rental and mortgage forbearance ends but it won't be good. The renters are getting a break now but the landlords are still on the hook to the banks. I can see this snowballing and creating all kinds of problems when the landlords or the banks start putting people out on the street. The worst part of all of this will be the children who are now or will be going hungry. I never went hungry when I was young. Mom watered down the soup on a couple of occasions but it was never long term or anything that would be considered food insecure. However, it galls me to no end to think that in this country with all its wealth there are children going to bed hungry. In this case looking to the government is not much of a solution. The government has caused most of the problem. With school no longer in session in many areas, the kids aren't getting their hot lunches and food pantries are struggling to meet the demand. I don't know what's going to happen on the political front but I can't see much in the way of relief coming to set some food on the table of those who need it and need it now.  I urge all of you to help out if you can. A couple of cans of food or a couple of bucks will help. If we all do a little, no-one needs to do a lot.

3 comments:

Surly said...

It's almost as if no one has ever even heard of ioseb besarionis dze jughashvili.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Me either, at least by that name. Whenever people start going hungry, they start looking for solutions. Rarely does it end well. If I was a higher up in D.C. or a governor who has been locking down their state, I'd be starting to worry a bit. Lose your house, your business, your car and can't feed your kids, you'll be looking to make someone pay. I'm thinking this time the revolution will be televised.

Surly said...

Stalin, Lenin, Trotsty...all pseudonyms.