Saturday, December 12, 2020

Cataract Walk

Went to the ophthalmologist on Thursday for my evaluation. They checked my eyes pretty much every way possible, then an interview with the doc. He explained my options and the procedure, as well as the recuperation period. I'll be having surgery on both eyes one week apart, then an appointment with my eye doc here in town one week after that. Looks like most of January will be shot in the ass as far as doing anything in the shop. 

I got a text from my boss at the part-time gig the other day. He wants me to resume the welding lessons with his one son. However, things are pretty dicey with the cooties these days. I don't want to catch it any time but I especially don't want to screw up the surgery schedule. Maybe start up again in February.

I got the top piece of the grill shell welded  inside and out. The new welder works really well on that thin gauge aluminum. I also trimmed it to size and did a little bit of planishing. It'll probably take me a week to finish that up but whatever it takes, it takes. Every day a little something, at least until the surgery.


No comments: