Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Medical Things

From the getting old and falling apart file: dentist appointment yesterday to get the new crowns. Unbeknownst to me then, I also need to have a cavity repaired so I go back next week for that one. Blood test this morning before meeting with the cardiologist next week. I also have a meeting with the ophthalmologist next week for an evaluation of the cataract situation. From what the lady said at the local eye doc, the surgery probably won't happen until after the first of the year. I'm in no real hurry but my right eye is getting pretty bad. It was raining/snowing yesterday both coming and going from the dentist and coupled with the cataract, it definitely made it tough to see.

And from the B&M file: I saw yesterday the Isle of Man race for 2021 has been cancelled. Going to the Isle of Man is right there at the top of the bucket list along with getting to Hawaii to complete the 50 state list and celebrate my 50th wedding anniversary. Looks like both trips will have to be postponed. It's getting late in the game for me to be postponing things. I also received an e-mail about a trip to Scotland from the same tour company I went to Ireland with - $1099 including airfare. It's another off-season deal but the weather in Scotland can't be any worse than the weather around here in the winter. So no travel for this guy, at least for the foreseeable future. Not real happy about the situation but all things considered, it's kind of a petty gripe. 

Supposed to be cold today but I want to do a little more on the buck. I set it in place on the car Sunday and ran a straightedge from it back to the dash hood. The top of the buck could use a bit more slope for a smoother transition between the dash hood and the radiator shell. I get that done I should be able to start working the sheet metal. 

No comments: