Tuesday, December 29, 2020

The Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square

 


The Missus has been watching some show on BBC set right around the start of WWII. They play some  tunes I recognize from my Pops in the intro and during the show. This one was being played by a band in one of the scenes, slower and as an instrumental but I recognized it as a cut I've got on a Bobby Darin CD. Darin was a popular talent before his life was cut short at age 37. He was cool in that fifties/sixties kind of way. He did a nice mix of pop and jazz stuff on the radio and television. He also did some movie work. His life story's a tough one even with all his commercial success. Nice tune done well by an extremely talented man.

I spent most of yesterday dealing with phone calls from the surgery center and my prescription drug plan provider. I did manage to deliver my parts, finish weld the grill shell and started on knocking down the weld. I plan on working on that job again today.

Rich: If you're out there, I replied to your comment. Sorry I missed it. 

No comments: