Sunday, January 3, 2021

Ice Cold Tabs

 



Things were both icy and foggy yesterday morning. After the ice coated everything we got a little bit of snow. We had a few broken branches but nothing serious. I took a walk around to check things out and snapped a few photos. The temperature was just above freezing and it was nice and calm. Rather nice to be out, actually. Not so much the night before. Lots of slide-offs and accidents. In spite of the cooties and the deplorable road conditions apparently people just had to be out on New Years.



I got the tabs for the grill shell welded on and I clamped it in place ready to drill the holes. I received an e-mail from Speedway and Jegs that my steering box and remote oil filter were shipped. They'll both probably show up Monday but I won't be able to do anything due to me having the eye surgery. 

I'm excited about the surgery. If all goes as planned I might not need glasses at all, other than for reading or fine work, which means this will be the best my eyesight has been for over 50 years. After I see my own eye doc after the surgeries, I'll see what I need for reading glasses. With any luck at all I can just get some decent off the rack safety glasses to use in the shop and a cheater lens for the welding helmet. Here's hoping.  

 

No comments: