Sunday, January 17, 2021

What Condition Is Your Condition In?

 


This one hit the airwaves in '67 - about the time I was starting my senior year in high school. Interesting times back then. However, the way things are going 2020 and 2021 just might be a whole lot more interesting. I should have invested in plywood futures what with all the board-ups from the riots and the precautionary board-ups on many of the state capitol buildings now. And just wait until all those people who haven't been making their house payments start getting evicted. The banks and landlords will have to be boarding up those houses and apartments to keep the squatters out and to keep the pissed off former residents from throwing rocks threw the windows. 

Slow Joe says he's going to throw another $1.9 trillion at the economy, though. I'm sure that'll fix everything right up - unless Trump pulls a wild card out of his ass and Joe doesn't make it in the front door of the White House. I saw where they were stringing razor wire around the capitol. With all the troops in the building and the perimeter secured, it would be pretty easy to round up all of our senators and representatives all at once, like they do in South America every once in a while. That'd make for an interesting scenario. 

Meanwhile back at the shack, I'm easing back into the projects while I'm awaiting official clearance to resume normal activity. Catching up on the reading a bit as well as doing some cooking to support my new diet program - hominy and pinto bean soup a few days ago, pasta e fagioli without the meat yesterday. I made it nice and thick - more like a stew than soup. I've been going through the wife's cookbooks looking for hearty meals. She's got a collection of around 300 and I've got a few vegetarian and vegan cookbooks I bought after my heart attack, so there's a lot to choose from. Just need to keep the diet heavy on the beans and leafy green veggies.

It'd be a good time review your emergency plan this afternoon - check your supplies and bug-out bag. Fill up the gas tank on the vehicle, make sure the batteries are good in the flashlights and portable radio, make sure everything is handy and everyone knows the evacuation plan and rendezvous spot if you get separated, whether that's a result of a weather or fire incident, or civil unrest.  

No comments: